OTR by UPSC: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has started a one-time registration (OTR) facility for - easing the application process significantly.
- The aspirants, who wish to apply for any future examination of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), are required to register themselves in the OTR platform by filling up their basic personal information indicated therein.
UPSC Exam 2022: How to register for OTR
Step 1: Visit the official website of UPSC, upsc.gov.in.
Step 2: On the homepage, click on the link that reads 'One Time Registration (OTR) for Examinations of UPSC'.
Step 3: A new webpage would open for candidates to submit information and generate OTR credentials by registering.
Step 4: Log in to the UPSC dashboard using your email ID or phone number to complete the process.
- A large number of aspirants apply for a host of examinations conducted by the UPSC throughout the year to select officers for different central government departments/organisations.
- The OTR platform will be quite useful for the candidates as it will save them from filling in their basic personal details again for any subsequent examination being conducted by the UPSC.
- In addition, it will also eliminate any possibility of submission of incorrect information by them as their basic personal details will be validated by the candidates themselves.
- Since about 70% information of an aspirant in the OTR will automatically be pre-populated in the online application form of an examination, the time for filling or submitting an online application form will be reduced considerably.
- It will also eliminate any possibility of submission of incorrect information by them as their basic personal details will be validated by the candidates themselves,
- Once the registration of an aspirant is completed, the information will remain stored securely in the Commission’s servers.
- An aspirant’s information will get automatically populated in the online application form of an examination for which she or he applies.
The one-time registration' (OTR) platform has been launched on the Commission's website at upsc.gov.in and upsconline.nic.in on 24 X 7 basis.
- Aspirants have been advised to peruse the OTR instructions and fill in the information with extreme care to avoid any complications in future, it said.
- The Commission has also issued Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) “with respect to attempts in the civil services examination”.
For details long on to