SVAMITVA (Survey of Villages Abadi and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas) Scheme of Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) has been conferred with the prestigious National Award for e-Governance 2023 (Gold).
The award has been bestowed on the scheme for application of emerging technologies for providing citizen centric services at the 26th National Conference on e-Governance (NCeG)
The 26th National Conference on e-Governance was organized by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), Government of India on 25th August 2023 in Indore in Madhya Pradesh.
SVAMITVA Scheme provides ownership to property owners in village-inhabited area by using latest drone and GIS technology.
The Scheme is implemented with the collaborative efforts of Survey of India being the technology implementation partner, State Revenue and Panchayati Raj Departments, and NIC–GIS.
About 6.62 lakh villages across the country will be surveyed in this scheme from 2021 to 2025, using varied technology including drones to collect property data.
Under this scheme mapping of land parcels using drone technology is done by the Survey of India (SoI).
Benefits of SVAMITVA Scheme:
• The scheme is intended to reduce property disputes by providing accurate land records while boosting financial liquidity.
• The scheme aims to streamline planning and revenue collection, as well as ensuring residents are informed of property rights in rural areas.
- SVAMITVA is a Central Sector Scheme
- The scheme was launched on the National Panchayati Raj Day (April 24) in 2020.
- SVAMITVA scheme is a collaborative effort of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj, State Panchayati Raj Departments, State Revenue Departments and Survey of India(SoI).