Development projects in HP: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in Himachal Pradesh (HP) introduced various development projects during his visit in the state.
Developmental Projects in Chamba, HP:
- PM Modi laid the foundation stone of two hydropower projects and launched Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)-III in Chamba, Himachal Pradesh.
- These projects will generate over 270 million units of electricity annually and Himachal Pradesh is expected to get annual revenue of around one hundred ten crore rupees.
Developmental projects in Una:
Bulk Drug Park:
- He laid the foundation stone of Bulk Drug Park.
- It will be built at a cost of over Rs 1900 crore.
- The Bulk Drug Park will help reduce dependence on API imports.
- It is expected to attract investment of around Rs. 10,000 crores and provide employment to more than 20,000 people.
- It will also give a fillip to economic activities in the region.
Information Technology (IIIT) Una:
- He dedicated the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Una to the nation.
- Its foundation stone was laid by the Prime Minister in 2017.
- Currently, more than 530 students are pursuing studies at this institute.
Vande Bharat Express:
- He flagged off the Vande Bharat Express from Una to New Delhi.
- This is the fourth Vande Bharat train to be introduced in the country.
- The introduction of the train will help boost tourism in the region and provide a comfortable and a faster mode of travel.
Mr. Modi will launch Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana -3 in Himachal Pradesh for upgradation of around three thousand 125 kilometres of roads in the State.
Significance of Development projects introduced in HP:
- The projects will boost regional connectivity.
- It will ensure the availability of digital facilities up to their maximum potential.