Vanijya Bhawan & NIRYAT: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on June 23 2022 inaugurated the new premises of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Vanijya Bhawan in New Delhi.
- PM Modi also launched a new portal- National Import-Export Record for Yearly Analysis of Trade (NIRYAT).
- The New Vanijya Bhawan and NIRYAT Portal will represent the aspirations of an 'Aatmanirbhar Bharat'.
- It seeks to bring positive changes in the field of trade and commerce, especially for MSMEs.
- PM Modi during the unveiling of Vanijya Bhawan and NIRYAT Portal said that despite the global disruptions, India exported a total of $670 billion- Rs. 50 lakh crores.
- Exports are vital to a country’s progress.
- He further said that programmes like "Vocal for Local" have also enhanced India's exports.
About Vanijya Bhawan:
- Vanijya Bhawan is the new premises of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- It is constructed near the India Gate.
- It is designed as a smart building that incorporates the principles of sustainable architecture with a special focus on energy saving.
- It will serve as an integrated and modern office complex that will be used by the two Departments under the Ministry that is, the Department of Commerce and the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
About NIRYAT Portal:
- NIRYAT Portal is a one-stop platform for the stakeholders to get all the necessary information related to India’s foreign trade.
- The Portal will help promote healthy competition between the states in the area of export
Where is the newly inaugurated Vanijya Bhavan located?
C) New Delhi