C-295 Aircraft Manufacturing Plant: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 30th Ocotber 2022 laid the groundwork for the C-295 aircraft manufacturing plant in Vadodara, Gujarat to strengthen the logistic capabilities of the Indian Air Force.
- PM Modi was also felicitated and presented with a memento by the Chief Minister of Gujarat Bhupendra Patel and Tata Sons Chairperson N Chandrasekaran.
- The project is worth around 22,000 crore rupees.
- It is the first of its kind in which C-295MW transport aircraft will be manufactured in India by private companies, Airbus Defence and TATA consortium.
- In a big boost to Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, Make in India and domestic aviation manufacturing, 40 aircraft will be manufactured in the country.
- 16 aircraft will be delivered in flyaway condition while 40 aircraft will be manufactured in Vadodara by Airbus Defence and TATA consortium.
- All these 56-transport aircraft will be fitted with indigenous Electronic Warfare Suite.
- The C-295MW transport aircraft manufacturing project, with a capacity of 5 to 10 tons, will strengthen the Indian Air Force and create an entirely new ecosystem for the domestic aviation sector.
- The new aircraft can also be used for civilian purposes.
- It will replace the ageing Avro aircraft.
- The transport aircraft manufacturing facility is expected to generate several skilled and indirect jobs.
- It is estimated that 600 highly skilled jobs and more than three thousand indirect jobs will be generated.
- In September 2021, Cabinet Committee on Security had approved the procurement of 56 C-295MW transport aircraft from Airbus Defence and Space SA.