All India Chief Secretaries' Conclave: The First National Conference of Chief Secretaries was recently presided over by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi at HPCA Stadium in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh.
- The All India Chief Secretaries' Conclave was held from 15th to 17th June 2022.
- The conference was organized by NITI Aayog, the think tank of India.
- Over 200 people representing the central government, states and UTs participated in the conclave.
- People from the thematic sector took part in the event.
Topic of Discussion at the conference:
- The three-day national conference of chief secretaries of all states focused on the rapid and sustained economic growth in partnership with the States.
- Working as Team India, the Conference laid the ground for collaborative action for higher growth with sustainability, creation of jobs, education, ease of living and aatmanirbharta (self-reliance) in agriculture.
- The Conference emphasized on evolution and implementation of a common development agenda and blueprint for cohesive action to achieve the aspirations of the people.
- The concept and agenda for this conference have been curated after more than 100 rounds of deliberations spread over six months.
Three themes were discussed at the Conference:
- Implementation of the National Education Policy;
- Urban governance; and
- Crop diversification and achieving self-sufficiency in oilseeds, pulses, and other agri-commodities.
This is taken as a significant step toward further strengthening the partnership between the Centre and the State Governments.
What was the topic of discussion at the All India Chief Secretaries' Conclave ?
C) Ease of living and aatmanirbharta (self-reliance) in agriculture
D) All of the above