The maiden Joint Military Exercise FRINJEX-23 between Indian Army and French Army will be conducted at Pangode Military Station, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala on 07th and 08th March 2023.
It is for the first time armies of both the nations are engaging in this format with each contingent comprising of a Company Group each from the Thiruvananthapuram based Indian Army troops and French 6th Light Armoured Brigade.
The exercise is aimed at enhancing inter-operability, coordination and cooperation between both forces at tactical level. The scope of the exercise involve establishment and operationalisation of a joint command post to secure an envisaged area for undertaking joint humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, establishing an Internally Displaced Population (IDP) camp and move of disaster relief material.
The Joint exercise will further cement defence cooperation with France which is a key aspect of the overall Indo-France strategic partnership.
• The maiden Joint Military Exercise FRINJEX-23 between Indian Army and French Army will be conducted at Pangode Military Station, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala on 07th and 08th March 2023.
• The exercise will have the largest contingent fielded by the Thiruvananthapuram-based Indian Army unit
• The maiden joint military exercise is called FRINJEX-23
• The exercise is between the Indian Army and French Army
• The exercise is being conducted at the Pangode military station.
• The French contingent is part of the French Marine Regiment on board DIXMUDE mission.
• The exercise is aimed at enhancing inter-operability, coordination, and cooperation between both forces at tactical the level.
• The theme for the exercise is based on “Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Operations in a Contested Environment”.
• The joint exercise will consolidate the Indo-France strategic partnership at the tactical level and will build a strong foundation for both the nations to collaborate for peace and harmony