Three-Match ODI Series: India beat England by ten wickets in the opening One Day International of three-match cricket series at Kennington Oval in London.
- With the win, India takes a 1-0 lead in the 3-match series.
- After winning a toss that proved to be crucial, Rohit opted to field first and he was backed brilliantly by the new ball bowlers.
Key Highlights of the match:
- For the Indian team, Juspreet Bumrah took six wickets and Mohammed Shami three wickets.
- Jasprit Bumrah's career-best show with the ball (6/19) followed by a solid unbeaten opening stand between Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan led India to a crushing 10-wicket win over England in the first ODI.
- Mohammed Shami joined in on the action and the duo ran through the top order, with Bumrah taking four wickets in a spell that read 5-2-9-4, of which six runs came off wides.
- Chasing a small total, Rohit and Shikhar stitched an unbeaten century partnership and led India to a convincing 10-wicket win in the 18.4 overs.
- Rohit hit six fours and five sixes in his 58-ball unbeaten 76, while Dhawan finished on 31 not out off 54, having hit the winning boundary.
- Rohit Sharma-led Indian team has already won the 3-match T-20 series against England by 2-1.
- The pair also became the fourth to cross 5000 partnership runs for the opening wicket in the process.
- Skipper Jos Buttler (30 off 32) was the highest scorer for England, who kept losing wickets at regular intervals.
- David Willey (21 off 26), and Brydon Carse (15 off 26) were the other main contributors for the hosts.
By how many wicketd did India beat England in the first ODI at Kennington Oval in London?
A) 6 wickets
B) 8 wickets
C) 9 wickets
D) 10 wickets