Three-Match ODI Series: India beat England by ten wickets in the opening One Day International of three-match cricket series at Kennington Oval in London.
- With the win, India takes a 1-0 lead in the 3-match series.
- After winning a toss that proved to be crucial, Rohit opted to field first and he was backed brilliantly by the new ball bowlers.
Key Highlights of the match:
- For the Indian team, Juspreet Bumrah took six wickets and Mohammed Shami three wickets.
- Jasprit Bumrah's career-best show with the ball (6/19) followed by a solid unbeaten opening stand between Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan led India to a crushing 10-wicket win over England in the first ODI.
- Mohammed Shami joined in on the action and the duo ran through the top order, with Bumrah taking four wickets in a spell that read 5-2-9-4, of which six runs came off wides.
- Chasing a small total, Rohit and Shikhar stitched an unbeaten century partnership and led India to a convincing 10-wicket win in the 18.4 overs.
- Rohit hit six fours and five sixes in his 58-ball unbeaten 76, while Dhawan finished on 31 not out off 54, having hit the winning boundary.
- Rohit Sharma-led Indian team has already won the 3-match T-20 series against England by 2-1.
- The pair also became the fourth to cross 5000 partnership runs for the opening wicket in the process.
- Skipper Jos Buttler (30 off 32) was the highest scorer for England, who kept losing wickets at regular intervals.
- David Willey (21 off 26), and Brydon Carse (15 off 26) were the other main contributors for the hosts.