U-20 World Wrestling Champion: Antim Panghal, a 17-year-old wrestler from Haryana scripted history on 19th August, 2022 by becoming the first Indian woman wrestler to win the Under-20 world champion feat with an 8-0 win over Kazakhstan’s Atlyn Shagayeva.
- The U-20 World Wrestling Championship took place in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- It was the first time in the 34-year long history of the tournament that an Indian girl has bagged the top position to become U-20 World Wrestling Champion.
- She defeated Kazakhstan's Atlyn Shagayeva 8-0 in the 53 kg category to win the title of Under-20 world champion.
- In 2022, She won gold in the Asian Junior Championships and silver from the U23 Asian Championships.
- In 2021, she won bronze at the Cadet World Championships (2021).
India at U-20 World Wrestling Champion:
- India ended their campaign at U-20 World Wrestling Championship with a total of 16 Medals across different categories.
- This included a gold medal, four silver medals, and 11 bronze medals.
- Before 2022, India’s earlier best campaign at the U-20 World Wrestling Championship came in 2011 when India won two gold and one bronze medal.