World No.1 Carlos Alcaraz overcame reigning champion Novak Djokovic in a thrilling five-set men’s final on Sunday to win his first Wimbledon title.
The 20-year-old Spaniard becomes the third-youngest Wimbledon champion in the Open Era and adds a second major title to his record after winning the US Open last year.
- Carlos Alcaraz defeated Novak Djokovic in a five-set thriller to win his maiden Wimbledon title. The Spaniard bagged the game 1-6, 7-6 (8/6), 6-1, 3-6, 6-4.
- Carlos Alcaraz beats Novak Djokovic 1-6 7-6 (8-6) 6-1 3-6 6-4 to win men's singles
- First Wimbledon title for Alcaraz - and his second Grand Slam
- Djokovic beaten on Centre Court for first time since 2013
- Alcaraz will retain world number one ranking