Udarashakti 2022: Udarashakti is a bilateral exercise between Indian Air Force (IAF) and Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF).
- This is the first bilateral exercise that is being conducted between the two countries
About Udarashakti 2022:
- Indian Air Force is taking part in air exercise Udarashakti 2022 with Su-30 MKI and C-17 aircraft while the Malaysian Air Force is taking part with Su 30 MKM aircraft.
- During the four days, various aerial combat drills will be conducted between two Air Forces.
- The exercise will secure the long-standing bond of friendship and enhance the line of defence cooperation between both the armies.
- This in turn will strengthen security in the region.
- Through this exercise, IAF will get an opportunity to share and learn best practices with the Royal Malaysian Air Force.
- They would also discuss mutual combat capabilities.
- The first bilateral Air Force exercise that staged frontline Sukhoi-30 combat aircraft was conducted in 2018.
- From 2008 to 2010, the Indian Air Force Training Team was deployed in Malaysia to give training to Malaysian pilots on the SU-30SKM aircraft.
Indian Air Force (IAF):
- IAF is the air wing of Indian Armed Forces.
- It was set up on October 8, 1932.
- It is ranked third worldwide.
- Its main objective is to secure Indian airspace and conduct aerial warfare during armed conflict.
Royal Malaysian Air Force:
The Royal Malaysian Air Force was established on June 2, 1958.