Union Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and Electronics & IT, Rajeev Chandrasekhar is participating in the AI Safety Summit 2023 that is scheduled to be held at Bletchley Park, Buckinghamshire in United Kingdom (UK) on November 1-2, 2023.
Bletchley Park in Buckinghamshire is known to be a historically significant location as it was the base for World War II code-breaking operations.
The summit will see the participation of leading global think tanks, renowned academic institutions specializing in AI, and government representatives from like-minded nations.
Their purpose is to participate in discussions about how best to maximise the benefits of AI while minimising the risks.
Organized by the UK Government, the two-day AI Safety Summit will bring together Ministers and representatives from various countries, including the UK, US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Saudi Arabia, the Netherlands, South Korea, among others.
AI Safety Summit 2023 aims to:
- Consider the risks of AI, especially at the frontier of development
- Discuss how they can be mitigated through internationally coordinated action
- AI is regarded as a kinetic enabler in propelling India’s digital economy.
- AI is already causing disruption to jobs.
- AI Safety Summit 2023 is focussing on growing fears about the implications of so-called frontier AI.