Ex VINBAX 2022: The 3rd Edition of Ex VINBAX 2022 began at Chandimandir on August 1.
It will continue till August 20, 2022.
Theme of Ex VINBAX – 2022:
The theme of Ex VINBAX - 2022 is “employment and deployment of an Engineer Company and a Medical Team under United Nations Contingent for Peacekeeping Operations”.
India has a rich heritage of locating troops in United Nations missions.
It has best capabilities to impart United Nations peace operations training, including its best practices and hands to train prospective United Nations peacekeepers at operational, tactical, & strategic levels.
About Ex VINBAX - 2022:
- Ex VINBAX is Bilateral Army Exercise between India and Vietnam.
- The exercise is a sequel to a previously conducted bilateral exercise in Vietnam in 2019.
- It is a major milestone in strengthening the bilateral relations between India and Vietnam.
- India and Vietnam share a Comprehensive Strategic Partnership and defence cooperation is a key pillar of this partnership.
- Vietnam is an important partner in India’s Act East policy and the Indo-Pacific vision.
- Ex VINBAX - 2022 will be conducted as a field training exercise with a larger scope than past bilateral exercises, that will improve interoperability and mutual trust and enabling the Indian Army and Vietnam People's Army to share best practices.
- The joint exercise will also provide an opportunity to the troops of both Indian and Vietnamese contingent to learn about the social and cultural heritage each other.
- Indian Army will be represented by troops from 105 Engineer Regiment.
- Exercise will assess the standards achieved by contingents of both the countries.
- It will also execute technical military operations in UN missions as well.
- A 48 hours Validation Exercise is part of the schedule to assess the standards achieved by both contingents while executing technical military operations under similar scenarios in UN missions.
- A Humanitarian Assistance & Disaster Relief demonstration and equipment display will showcase India’s capacity to undertake rescue and relief operations during natural and manmade disasters utilizing indigenous solutions.
India- Vietnam Relations:
- India and Vietnam have many things in common.
- Both of them are listed among the fastest-growing economies of Asia and both aim at enhancing peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific region through multi-faceted cooperation.
- They are equally concerned about the aggressive and expansionist policies of China in the Indo-Pacific region.
- The two countries also share a Comprehensive Strategic Partnership since 2016 and defence cooperation is a key pillar of this partnership.
- Bilateral defence engagements have expanded over a period of time to include wide-ranging contacts between the two countries, including Defense Policy Dialogue, military-to-military exchange, high-level visits, capacity building and training programmes.
- When Vietnam's then-Prime Minister Nguyan Jan Dung visited India in 2007, the two nations' relations were raised to the status of "Strategic Partnership."
- The relationships were enhanced even more to "Comprehensive Strategic Partnership" in 2016, as Vietnam is a key ally in India's "Act East" Policy and Indo-Pacific strategy.
- Vietnam is the 15th largest trade partner of India and India is its 10th largest partner with bilateral trade standing at USD 11.12 billion in 2020-21.
A cultural agreement between the two nations was struck in 1976, and since then, it has opened up numerous avenues for cultural exchange.
- In 2016, the Swami Vivekananda Indian Cultural Centre in Hanoi was established.
- In 2012, the Institute of Indian and South-West Asian Studies under the aegis of the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences was inaugurated in Hanoi.
Ex VINBAX is Bilateral Army Exercise between which two countries?
A) India and Japan
B) India and Vietnam
C) India and Thailand
D) India and Maldives